16.10.2014

Marou Dong Nai 72%

The colorful Marou wrappers were just about the first "other than basic" chocolate wrappers I ever saw. After that I have seen quite a few wrappers, but these still look good to me. I could actually imagine having this pattern and color(!) on a wallpaper. The chocolate bar also looks nice with its "M" emblem and the dividing of the bar into diverse pieces.

The aroma is a bit nutty, but I don't get any strong scents from this. I hate using the term "basic dark chocolate" (because there is no such thing) but that is what this smells like. A smooth chocolate is always a nice thing to have. This chocolate is very smooth and the melted chocolate liquid is just the right thickness. It doesn't quite stick to my teeth, but it feels like luxurious, silky liquid.

The initial flavour I get is dark, but not bitter, and not very exciting. After a while I thought I got a very short peak of some kind of fruity taste, but that only happened once. What I do get a lot of, is a slightly nutty and distinct cardboardy taste. The cardboardy taste might also be described as woody, something like birch. I happen to bite into the chocolate and that's when I get another very small taste of fruityness. Funny how I can't taste it without biting into it. There is acidity in this chocolate and I can feel it all over my mouth after having a couple pieces of the chocolate.

After the chocolate has melted away, I'm left with the same nutty (more hazel than professor...) and woody taste I had earlier. There is still very little bitterness, which is nice. The aftertaste is a bit darker than the actual taste and I think I prefer the aftertaste. No cardboard here.

Ingredients: Cocoa mass, cocoa butter & cane sugar

Värikkäät Maroun suklaakääreet olivat aikalailla ensimmäiset "normaalista" poikkeavan näköiset kääreet jotka näin. Sen jälkeen olen nähnyt monenlaisia, mutta nämä vaan näyttävät edelleen hyvältä, kyllä nämä tapetiksikin kelpaisivat, väriä myöten. Suklaalevykin näyttää hienolta vinoleikkauksineen ja M-logolla koristeltuna.

Tuoksu on hieman pähkinäinen, mutta en saa tästä irti yhtään tiettyä voimakkaampaa tuoksua. Inhoan termin "perustumma suklaa" käyttämistä (koska sellaista ei ole olemassakaan) mutta siltä tämä tuoksuu. Sileä suklaa on aina mukavan tuntuinen suussa. Tämä on juuri sitä ja sula suklaamassa on juuri oikean paksuista. Massa ei aivan tartu hampaisiin, mutta tuntuu yleeliseltä, silkkiseltä.

Ensimmäiset maut ovat tummia, mutta eivät kitkeriä, eivätkä valitettavasti kovin jännittäviäkään. Hetkeä myöhemmin kuvittelin maistavani jotain hedelmäistä, mutta se tunne ei toistunut. Sen sijaan tästä löytyy runsaasti pähkinäisyyttä ja eritoten pahvimaista makua. Joku voisi kuvata pahvista makua myös puiseksi, koivuiseksi. Puraisen suklaapalasta ja tällöin esiin tulee jälleen pientä hedelmäisyyttä. Jännä että sitä makua ei irtoa imeskellessä. Kaakaossa on selvästi hapokkuutta, jonka tuntee kaikkialla suussa jo parin palasen syömisen jälkeen.

Kun suklaa on sulanut kokonaan pois jäljelle jää pähkinäinen ja puinen maku. Kitkeryyttä on edelleenkin vain vähän, mikä on ihan mukava. Jälkimaku on hieman synkempi kuin maku ja taidanpa pitää enemmän tästä jälkimausta. Täältä puuttu pahvi.

Ainesosat: Kaakaomassa, kaakaovoi & ruokosokeri

Ei kommentteja: